UPDATE 7/2017: Olympix Gym Long Beach CA is open and going strong.
We’ve talked with some very satisfied customers, mostly. Here’s what we’ve learned from verified Olympix members:
Olympix Long Beach PROS:
- Aesthetically beautiful, not quite on par with Equinox but very nice
- Good vibes, happy members
- Roof-Top Classes with an ocean view
- Plenty of top-of-the-line equipment
- Nice classrooms
- Better than average yoga classes
- Good Instagram page, gives a good representation of what to expect
Olympix Long Beach CONS:
- Some complaints about instructors, although this is totally subjective
- At times (prime-time mostly) there’s a wait for some cardio machines
- Personal Training pricing is considerably higher than industry standard
- Cost of monthly dues- about 25% higher than similar gyms like 24 Hour Fitness Super Sport
We’d love to hear about your experience with Olympix Health Club too! Get in touch to tell us what you think.
Olympix Fitness Long Beach Gym in Belmont Shore is behind schedule on all aspects of construction but something tells me it will be worth the wait.
I’ll update this page as soon as I have more info about the progress of Olympix Fitness contruction. In the mean time I’ve got some pretty good ideas about what’s going to be available.
Rumblings and rumors suggest you’ll have your pick of the most popular fitness equipment at Olympix Fitness Long Beach and top notch instructors.
Keep in mind: I can only speculate and hope for great gear and staff, nobody knows yet for sure. We can expect a lot of brand new shiny machines but today’s gym-goer wants, and deserves much more. Especially in upscale Belmont Shore 90803.
Check back soon for comparisons of Olympix VS 24 Hour Fitness (Bellflower Blvd only, the Ocean Blvd location would be an unfair comparison) and Olympix VS LA Fitness (Bellflower Blvd)
after Olympix is fully built and the doors are open. I’d be doing you a disservice if I compare using only speculation and rumors.
Olympix Fitness Long Beach will probably offer:
- Awesome group exercise classes, hopefully with talented instructors
- Quality yoga classes – not just generic ‘club yoga’ (fingers crossed)
- Rooftop activities – group classes and member mixers
- Towel service, steam room, juice bar, etc.
- TRX suspension trainers – a line of at least 10 sets would be nice. Some gyms like 24 Hour Fitness and similar tend to offer anywhere from 0 TRX up to 3 or 4 sets of straps and that’s just not enough for a busy gym.
- BOSU Balls – let’s hope for 10 or more instead of the typical 1 to 3.
- Indoor Cycling Bikes – I’m hoping the bikes will be available when spin and cycling classes are not in session. Great zero-impact cardio in class or solo!
- Kettle bells
- Certified Personal Trainers
- HIIT classes – High Intensity Interval Training is tough to pull off indoors but maybe they’ll take a stab at it. For outdoor HIIT in Long Beach come see me.
- Child care? I’m hearing YES and NO on this one
Things I’m hoping for at Olympix Fitness but might not get:
- Battle ropes
- Full cage squat racks
- Indoor track
- Boxing ring
If you have additional info about what to expect at Olympix Fitness Long Beach let me know.
OLYMPIX Belmont Shore, Long Beach CA:
Latest posts by Jed Miller (see all)
- Mother’s Day Giveaway 2019 - May 12, 2019
- Intermittent Fasting + Extended Fasting Experiences - May 10, 2019
- IS FASTING & FEASTING BETTER THAN GRAZING ALL DAY? - May 10, 2019
- Carnivore Diet Benefits and Potential Pitfalls – Will a Meat Only Diet Work for You? - December 21, 2017