Weight Loss Meal Plans for Eating Sensibly
Meal Portions: Keep it simple and avoid weighing your food. That’s not a way to live and it can drive you crazy! This is a weight loss meal plan, not a diet. In addition to sensible meal portions you should consider the benefits of turmeric and other natural supplements to further enhance your weight loss.
ONE FULL PORTION = THE SIZE OF YOUR OWN FIST
This measurement method was made famous by Bill Phillips, creator of Body for Life.
The list below consists of weight loss meal plans and options for each meal and snack of the day. Alternate and substitute foods within the list of options for each meal and snack. Keep it interesting, enjoy every meal, eat to the point of satisfaction but don’t get full. Include at 8 to 12 ounces of total liquids with (or around) every meal. Eating order should be Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack so you’re eating six times per day. If there are foods on this plan that you don’t enjoy eating we will make adjustments and changes as needed to make sure you look forward to eating.
You’ll notice your dinner weight loss meal plans options are low to no carbs – this will play a big role in helping you lose body fat. Your body has no use for night time carbs and unused carbs turn to fat. Whey protein supplementation is included in your plan. You should drink 2 to 3 shakes per day. Be sure to drink a protein shake within 1 hour post workout.
Drink 1 cup green tea (reg or caffeine free) or coffee with breakfast in addition to 6 – 8 ounces water
- Oatmeal (1 scoop protein powder optional) & 2 eggs, fruit
- Organic yogurt & 2 eggs, fruit
- Kashi cereal & 2 eggs, fruit
- 2 Pancakes (protein batter) organic syrup & 2 eggs
- Wheat bagel & vegetable omelette (2 eggs, 1 egg white), fruit
Drink 1 cup green tea or yerba mate with lunch in addition to 6 – 8 ounces water
- Vegetable & Chicken stirfry with Brown Rice
- Salmon & mixed vegetables, sweet potato
- Tilapia & mixed vegetables, green salad
- Tuna salad, brown rice, mixed vegetables
- Chicken salad, 1 slice wheat bread, celery sticks
Drink 6 – 8 ounces water
- Steak or Chicken & Vegetable Strifry
- Salmon (baked or grilled), vegetables
- Turkeyburger (no bun), vegetables
- Baked chicken breast, vegetables
- Chicken Salad (low fat mayo), vegetables
Drink 1 cup green tea or yerba mate (except at evening snack) in addition to 6 – 8 ounces water
- Protein Bar – Musclepharm Combat Bars, FitJoy Bars, Quest Bars
- Whey Protein Shake – optional: add ¼ cup blueberries or cranberries or 1/2 banana
- Green Salad with oil & vinegar or light organic dressing
- Organic yogurt, 1/4 cup almonds
- Wheat bagel & light cream cheese (not for evening snack)
Select from the options above for all meals and snacks for six days per week (and most of the 7th day). On the seventh day (cheat day) you can eat one thing that is otherwise off the menu.
Add Yerba Mate to your weight loss meal plans, as it has been linked to weight loss and it has excellent antioxidant properties. You can substitute Yerba Mate any time your plan calls for tea or coffee
Vegetables- when the plan calls for veggies here are the best options –
steamed mixed vegetables (mostly greens) / spinach / mixed green salad /
kale / broccoli / asparagus
Beans – soybeans, fava beans, black beans, lentils, navy beans, lima beans
Breakfast Fruits – whatever you like – apple, pear, banana, plum, ½ grape fruit, orange, grapes……..
Limit fruits to breakfast only if WEIGHT LOSS is your primary focus